Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas Part 2

Ward christmas party! The primary did a wonderful nativity story reenactment. Lexi was the only angel that had wings. She did have a fabulously constructed halo made out of tinfoil, but unfortunately it did not survive the dress rehearsal. The angel's did a lot of standing around while the shepherds got into a kicking match...it was pretty hilarious.




Santa Made It!

When Santa came into the room, Landon was busy making a craft. I said, "Landon look who's here!" He looks up momentarily, then goes back to his craft. He looks up a couple more times and then says to me, "Is that the real Santa or a pretend one?" I did my best to dodge the question.


Landon learned a little something from last year. Last year he sat on Santa's lap and asked him for a lightning McQueen car. He was very disappointed when he got off Santa's lap and all he received was a candy cane. This year, he was smarter...he sat on Santa's lap and asked for a candy cane. Just look at the excitement on his face when he got what he asked for!!!

Lexi's experience was a little bit different. She had been waiting very patiently in line when her very rambunctious brother jumped up and hit her in the chin which caused her to bite a rather large cut in her tongue. I had to pull her out of line and race to the bathroom where I tried to get the bleeding under control. I think she was crying more because she thought she was going to miss Santa than the pain of having a gaping hole in her tongue. She got back in line and tried to compose herself before it was her turn, although she was very concerned that Santa was going to notice the blood on her shirt. I think she was a trooper and pulled it off very well. I on the other hand was ready to go home and go to bed!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Lexi and her poor mouth! I still remember when she fell off the pew at Landon's blessing... I am glad she was able to see Santa:) I love your Christmas Traditions!