Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Batman birthday

I decided that my gift to Brennan would be to try really hard to say "Yes" to everything for the entire day. He asked to stay in his PJ's until lunch. "Sure, buddy!" He asked to watch Batman cartoons all morning. "Yep, but just for today." He wanted ham and cheese for lunch with lots of Cheetos. "No problem!" He wanted me to play Batman with him. (I got to be Wonder Woman.) The kid is obsessed with Batman! He wanted me to take a picture of him "flying" like Batman. "Of course!"
 


He wanted to go to McDonald's for dinner. "Ahhh... how about that yummy sub shop?" I didn't say no, right?!
 

 
He got to eat Cheetos again so he was perfectly content!
 
 
He loves to play this Sorry-like Batman game using his own rules.
 
 
This alligator game that chomps your hand when you push on the right tooth was a big hit with all the kids!
 
 
His favorite was this "Batmanbile" that he carries around with him everywhere.
 
 
He picked out this cake at the grocery store. Overpriced, but very delicious!
 
 
I keep telling him that he is my baby and that he is not allowed to grow up. He is fine with this for the time being. We got him a big-boy bed for his birthday and he was really excited about it until he saw his crib being taken apart and put into storage. He cried and asked if we could take the bed back to the store. It tore me up!
Brennan is the best little boy! He is adored by everyone who knows him, and even those who don't. I'm now used to complete strangers coming up to us at the grocery store or just out and about to talk to Brennan. He draws people to him with his infectious smile and delightful personality. We love you buddy!

No comments: