Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Our Little Ones

This past weekend, I attended a funeral for a 4-month old baby girl that past away from SIDS. She is the daughter of a neighborhood friend that moved about a year ago. It was the hardest thing I have ever sat through in my life. It is amazing how much an infant can touch our lives and in such a short amount of time. I recently saw my friend at the grocery store and met her little girl for the first time. I remember distinctly her beautiful smile. That day, my friend's biggest concern was what kind of cake to buy for her husband's birthday. One month later, her world was completely turned upside down. I came home from the funeral and just hugged my kids and cried. I was just so grateful to have them. So, next time your kids are fighting or driving you crazy, take a minute to be grateful that they are actually there to drive you crazy!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

SIDS is my absolute worst fear! I can't imagine something that awful happening:( Tears were streaming down my cheeks when I read your post. I am so sad for their family! Merry Christmas!

Tasha said...

I am so proud! I can't believe you actually understood my directions with both of our children screaming in the background:)