Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving weekend was a lot of fun. It started out with the perfect thing...a trip to the gym! Mark played in his annual Turkey Bowl with his high school buddies at Albion Middle School. Then it was back to the kitchen. This year was my first attempt at making rolls and I am happy to report that it was a success! They were so yummy! We ate a wonderful meal with all the trimmimgs at my parent's house. My brother and his family drove from Montana arriving at 1:30 AM. It had been a year and a half since I had seen them!! My niece Olivia was only 3 months old the last time I saw her and now she's almost 2. It was great to spend time with them. After dinner and watching the rebroadcast of the Utah/BYU game, we hit the road for St. George. I wouldn't let the kids have any drinks during the drive because I was determined not to make any stops. But, after Mark downed 2 Diet Mountain Dews we had to make a potty stop in Beaver. At least we went to, according to Aunt Shana, "the nicest gas station bathrooms on the I-15 corridor." We arrived at my bro-in-law's house in Hurricane around 9PM, but didn't get the kids in bed until 10:30.
I decided to get up at 5:30 and do some Black Friday shopping on-line. Shortly after I crawled back in bed, Mark got up to go referee the Dixie Invitational soccer tournament. The rest of the weekend was a blur of hikes, swimming, pancakes, kids running everywhere, football, driving inbetween Washington and Hurricane, more pancakes, more kids, and a lot of laughter. The highlights of the trip for me were:
The patio on the roof at the Marsh's house--the scenery is so beautiful!
In-n-Out--always delicious and cheap
Live Nativity at Tuachan--short and to the point
Sacrament Meeting in Hurricane--really good talks, and Lexi sat with the Marsh's!
Having all the cousins play well together all weekend!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

So I guess they don't allow cameras in St. George anymore, that would be the only reason there are no pictures to go along with your post...
We can go to the firestation on Thursday the 18th if you want.